The "PandA" trick & more!

Discussion in 'MTurk Help' started by ZinGy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. zingy RebΦrn Contributor

PandA is probably a term you hear being thrown around a lot by many workers and members of this forum, but what does it mean? PandA is an acronym for PreviewandAccept and the term comes from the URL manipulation that is needed in order to "panda" hits. By panda'ing hits, you can auto accept a hit without previewing it first. Let's take a look at what a regular hit on mturk looks like when you're previewing it:

[​IMG]

By adding andaccept inbetween "preview" and the question mark, the HIT link is now a "panda" link. Which looks like this:

[​IMG]

What this means is that by refreshing that PandA link , the hit will be automatically accepted into your queue instead of you just previewing it. The HIT will end up in your mTurk Queue located here

Why is this important?
    With the addition of an auto refreshing extension for your browser, you can quickly accept HITs on mTurk and get the most out of HITs that are posting at that particular moment! Here are some popular autorefresh extensions for download

Easy Auto Refresh for Google Chrome
    ReloadEvery for Firefox

Bonus information
    There are other tools created by some of our members that help you panda hits automatically as they come through on mTurk. Two of these popular tools are Turkmaster and Hit Scraper Guide

____________________________________________________________________________________

Contact any requester on mTurk
    The last custom URL trick is a method that allows you to contact ANY requester on mTurk. Very simple put, you can use the following URL to contact any requester with a valid requester ID:

Code:
    https://www.mturk.com/mturk/contact?subject=Regarding+Amazon+Mechanical+Turk+HIT&requesterId=REPLACEWITHREQUESTERID
    Replace the last part of the URL with the requesters ID. This ID number for requesters can be found either on mTurk or by using TurkOpticon's built in search feature.

This above content is written by ZinGy and copyrighted to http://www.mturkgrind.com. Please contact me for permission to use on other websites.

• Like Like x 25
    • Love Love x 3
  2. FNAkun Nii Contributor

Thanks turbonerd

• Like Like x 4
  3. clickhappier ★★Ⰼ₳ՖŦξᚱ⌚ Contributor

In addition to searching for the requester on Turkopticon, HITs posted on the forum with MTurk Great HIT Export are also a good place to find a requester's ID. (See How To Search MTG.)

Another way to get 'contact requester' links is to use this script that makes them appear on requesters' Turkopticon pages automatically. :lever: mmmturkeybacon Add Contact Link To Turkopticon

Update Mar 2015: And with my script CH Requester Results Refinements, you can have contact links appear on all requester results pages on MTurk too, even ones with no results currently found.

Update Apr 2015: Cristo's script Mturk Unqualified Contact adds contact links to the details of HITs you aren't qualified for on search results pages.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Sunlite MTG Elite Contributor

I have a dumb question, probably, but if there are no more hits available- how am I to preview the hit to- " add andaccept inbetween "preview" and the question mark, to make the HIT link a "panda" link", if I cannot see the hit url? Thanks and sorry I'm so s-l-o-w brained with these scripts. One day I'll be making my own to share with all of you...woo-hoo.

• Like Like x 3
  5. zingy RebΦrn Contributor

If the hit is posted to the forum, you can grab the preview link from there and make it into a panda link. Refreshing that panda link over and over will accept the hit. Once it becomes available and you're "pandaing" it, it will end up in your queue.

If the hit is not posted to the forum or you cant preview it on mturk, then you can't make a panda link out of it.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Sunlite MTG Elite Contributor

Ok, thanks- I see sometimes someone will post a panda for a survey or hit and that is when we grab it...but we won't see it if we are in grind mode...also, then it seems it would be nice if I get a good hit to copy the link (if i can remember) and post it so someone else can make a panda out of it?

Also, even if it is posted if you click on the hit it will say there are no more available, so you can only get the link once you open it- so this is probably really not for surveys and 1 time only type hits, eh?

• Like Like x 2
  7. zingy RebΦrn Contributor

With grind mode you see nothing, but links posted to the forum. So you'll see if someone posts a panda link in grind mode. If you find a good hit, you can post it to the forum. Members can manually take the hit you posted and add andaccept to it to change it to a panda link. Alternatively, the following script changes all hit links on the forum automatically into panda links.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/6205-mturk-auto-accept-changer-for-mturkgrind-com

• Like Like x 6
  8. Sunlite MTG Elite Contributor

Sending you a kiss Ziggy! Thank you

• Like Like x 2
  9. clickhappier ★★Ⰼ₳ՖŦξᚱ⌚ Contributor

To clarify, it ADDS a panda 'Accept' link after the normal preview link, much safer that way. :listen:

• Like Like x 2
  10. ChristopherASA MTG Elite Contributor

You smart; me dense. Do you run the Panda links in separate browser tabs?? (I worked all day -- all day -- to get 11 hits, so obviously I've got to become a LOT more efficient or this t'aint going to work for me.)

11. clickhappier ★★Ⰼ₳ՖŦξᚱ⌚ Contributor

Yes, use separate browser tabs.

12. ChristopherASA MTG Elite Contributor

Just got HIT Scraper going. Hot damn. Thanks, Click!

13. rosesword975 Off with their HEADS!! Contributor

Did ya'll know if you lose a panda link or want to create a panda link, look in your history browser!
    You can also find Group and Requester ID numbers too!

In your history browser search 'mturk.com/mturk' this will help narrow every thing down.
    Then look under location and see the link.
    Right click and open in a new tab or window
    If you have Turkmaster you can click "watch this hit" and you have your panda or you can just add "andaccept" in the URL link and bookmark it!

• Like Like x 2
  14. autonomnom Member Member

edit: disregard, Posted in wrong thread ;D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  15. TheRussiansAreComing New Member Member

16. TheRussiansAreComing New Member Member

17. JAWN New Member Member

Still works for me thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BEACHFRONTPOKER New Member Member

Thanks, that works

• Like Like x 1