New requester - asking for advice/feedback

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by mgrichanik, Jan 7, 2017.

1. mgrichanik New Member Member

Hi all,

I'm a new requester. I just finished reading a bunch of forums and the Sheehan & Pittman book, "Amazon's Mechanical Turk for Academics". I got a ton of great advice from those sources, and I'm very excited to join this vibrant community! Since I'm posting my first set of HITs, I was wondering if anyone might be willing to take a few minutes to provide me with some feedback and make sure I'm following best practices. Thank you!

Below is my first HIT:

-------
    Watch video of medical student, provide feedback
    Requester: Mark Grichanik
    Reward: $3.26 per HIT HITs available: 0 Duration: 1 Hours
    Qualifications Required: Location is US , HIT Approval Rate (%) for all Requesters' HITs greater than 97 , Number of HITs Approved greater than 500
    ------
    We are conducting a study about medical student performance. If you take part in this study, you will be asked to:
    1. Watch a video of a medical student interacting with a patient actor
    2. Use your best judgment to fill out an evaluation of that student’s skills
    3. Express your opinions about the evaluation task
    All of the data will be collected anonymously through an electronic website, and you will need to have a computer that is capable of streaming audio and video.

Approximate time: 27 minutes

Qualifications: Must have visited a US-based physician as a patient or as the guardian of a patient within the last 12 months

Successful completion requires that you:
    • Correctly responding to all attention checks
    • Enter a valid completion code
    • Spend an appropriate amount of time on the task
    • Demonstrate reasonable effort on the task
    Make sure to leave this window open as you complete the survey. When you are finished with the survey, you will receive a code to paste into the box below to receive credit for completing the task.

2. mgrichanik New Member Member

I'm trying to add the link, but it looks like I need at least 3 posts before I can add a link. Please PM me if you're willing to provide feedback, and I can send you the link directly.

3. buga kingz Veteran Member Member

In case you weren't aware, most members from this forum migrated to turkerhub.com, so you might have better luck there. Mturk Crowd and Mturk Forum are among the other useful forums with plenty of friendly people to help.

4. Randomacts Veteran Member Member

I missed your batch today as I wasn't aware of it (most of us don't go on this forum very often a we are on other forums most of the time unless this forum starts being a thing again)

I hope you do more hits and I'll keep my eyes out for them :)

5. Sunlite MTG Elite Contributor

I missed your batch today, also. Will look for them tomorrow, etc.

: requester, advice, new, hit