Just want some advice on my situation

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by amanda88, Sep 15, 2016.

1. amanda88 New Member Member

Hey I'm just here to ask about maybe some ideas about how to earn money maybe besides Mturk.This is pretty much my story.I'm a stay at home mom.The original plan was that I would return to work.Some of the grandparents would babysit a couple of days a week.I would also start working weekends while my husband was home.

My mother in law had a major fall when I was getting ready to return.She's fine now but she had to be out for a month.I kind of missed the deadline to return to work.

My mom's health isn't that great either.We are living on credit cards and my husband is working 6 days a week except for one weekend a month.

70% of my check would go to daycare if I returned to work full time.My dad said he could probably watch my daughter on Saturdays if I wanted to return on weekends.

I lost $2.50 per hour when I quit so I'd have to start over.I'm not sure what I would make would be worth it.I've been trying to find something online instead.

I do some of the grocery apps like Ibotta but I only buy what we need.I've only made about $100 in about 8 months.I have made about $50 in about the same amount of time doing surveys on Swagbucks.

I heard about mturk about a month ago.I have 1000 hits approved and I've made about $94.The only time that I'm 100% available to work is between the hours of 10 pm until 1 am.

My husband gets home a couple of hours earlier on Saturday and I could be available for 6 to 8 hours on Sunday.I've noticed that weekends seem to be really dead though.

I would like to be able to make $500 a month every month.I have also done some tasks on microworkers but I've only made $20 in about 6 weeks.

I am in the central time zone.My daughter sleeps from 9 pm to about 8 am.Then we have to get ready to go help out at either of the grandparents houses from about 10 am to 5 pm every day except Tuesdays.

I normally spend that day cleaning up around here.Sometimes I may have 1 to 2 hours to turk.Would I be better off if I tried to get up at 6 am to look for tasks or tried to stay up past 1 am?

Thank you for listening to my story.Any ideas or advice is appreciated.

2. panda3303 Well-Known Member Member

Have you tried Prolific? It is a survey based company and pays well just not work everyday. I have been using them about a month now and earned $26. which converts to around $30. in US currency. You might qualify for more surveys than I do so check it out.

3. amanda88 New Member Member

Thank you! I will look into that.I don't have to get up early on Sundays so I spend Saturday nights looking at All Hits.I still don't end up with very many new qualifications.

4. Celtic Lady Spyder Ryder Contributor

I'm not sure with your limited availability if you'll be able to make $500 a month from home. Not saying it would be impossible but may prove difficult.

You didn't say what kind of work experience you have so this is just a suggestion based on my situation. Keep in mind that I do not have children so it may not be feasible. You may consider seeing if any major banks near you are hiring part time tellers. I work 20 hrs. Per week and have benefits. I'm not sure how much daycare is where you are so it might not be worth it. I started at a couple $ per hour over minimum wage.

5. amanda88 New Member Member

Thank you for your response.That's a great suggestion.I probably should have addressed this in my post.I tended to ramble on about everything else lol.I found out about Mturk from someone that my husband works with.His wife did it for a few months before she moved on to another job.

Well basically she owns a small horse barn on some property that belongs to some of her family.She decided to go ahead and take on the responsibility of letting people board their horses there to make money.

Anyway she wasn't getting hardly any sleep but her husband claims that she was making $500 to $700 a month.It didn't matter what time of day that she got on to work.

She has two or three small kids at home so I doubt that she was able to turk much in the daytime at all.

I guess I'm just confused as to what I'm supposed to be looking for.I lost sleep to get to 1000 hits approved.That didn't seem to improve things very much.

I do use hits scraper and I can usually make myself available from 4 pm to 6 pm a couple of days a week in addition to late nights and weekends.

I would like to make mturk work for me but I may have to move on.