JQKill could use our support

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by StanleyMilgram, Jun 24, 2016.

1. momster23 MTG Elite Contributor

(((((Biggest hugs ever))))))

Please accept my condolences for your great loss. I know the pain you are feeling now is unbearable, but, in time, it does become bearable enough to smile when thinking of him. All of us here will miss your brother and will honor him by living our lives to the fullest, for he has made a positive impact on us here.

• Love Love x 8
  2. NathanPS MTG Elite Contributor

I'm also so sorry to hear.. This absolutely is not the outcome I was hoping for.

Life is so tough sometimes and Jesse didn't deserve this, I have no words that can make you or your family feel better about the situation and all I can do is offer my deepest condolences..

If by any chance you need access to his account, PM me and I will grant you access. I am lost for words, when I saw your post saying he was improving I was so relieved and now it's just sorrow.

I wish you and your family all the best and I hope you can pull through this difficult time.

If there is anything further I can possibly do for you or your family please reach out, I'm always here and always available for anything, even if you just want to talk.

RIP to one of MTG's most valued members.

I want to personally thank every member of MTG for supporting Jesse and his family throughout this tough time, it makes me proud as an owner and goes to show you don't need to know someone in real life to hold them close to your heart. Much respect to each and everyone of you.

• Love Love x 17
  3. Learned Paw Established Member Member

This is heartbreaking news. I haven't been active on the forum, like I used to be, recently. So, I didn't really interact with him, but I would see his face and posts. He was full of personality and seemed to enjoy his life and his talents. Life is so crazy. One day you are here, the next you are gone.

Nothing I could say will take the pain away from his family/loved ones. And so much has been said, already, I can't really add to it.

Please keep us updated on the criminal trial aspects, and let us know if we can do anything. That road is going to be long and hard. There are more folks on here than one would want to imagine, that turk to pay off law school loans, and/or do it as career recovery. Don't ever feel like you have nowhere to turn in any aspects of this situation. You get stuck? I bet you can find something here. Just like with regular turking.

My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. There is nothing more surreal than having a loved one go from sitting next to you, to being someone you search online. Nothing.

It will never make sense. All you can do is be good to yourself, your family, and, as you mom said, live life to the fullest in honor of his memory.

• Love Love x 8
  4. Dillydally Dalmatian Hoarder Contributor

So sad, he made MTG a better place and turking tolerable. You will be missed @Jqkill@Jqkill

• Love Love x 7
  5. Doom Kitten Veteran Member Member

This is absolutely heartbreaking. He will be missed. My heart goes out to his friends and family. <3

• Love Love x 4
  6. hashbeezy MTG Elite Contributor

:( My deepest condolences. I always remember him being so helpful on here and making turking easier for us. He will be missed. :(

• Love Love x 4
  7. UpwardOnward MTG Elite Contributor

This is BS. RIP Jesse. Too much senseless violence in this world.

• Love Love x 7
  8. 0.00 Member Member

He was the very first person to help me when I needed it on here. He could have easily scrolled past my post and continued on with his day, but he didn't. He took the time and effort to find a solution to assist someone he didn't know.

More people in this world should take notes from him.

When I heard of his circumstances, I couldn't easily scroll past it and continue on with my day. No. I couldn't do that.

Because more people in this world should take notes from him.

I took notes.

It was a mental note that there are still good people left in this world. One who is willing to offer a helping hand for those in need - - even to strangers.

It's a reminder that during my time on this forum (and in life) to pay it forward. Because regardless how ugly the world appears to be around us, there's still people like Jqkill who restore our faith in humanity.

To his family and friends, you lost a special person. Although I didn't know him personally, his posts on here were funny, witty, and designed to better the community.

I send my sincere condolences.

• Love Love x 9
  9. Bliss Veteran Member Member

Really sad news. R.I.P. @Jqkill@Jqkill

• Love Love x 2
  10. Goose MTG Elite Contributor

I am so sad to hear this and very sorry for your loss.
    As the mother of a 9 year old on the transplant list for a new liver, I want to say thank you for honoring his wishes. The gift of life is a very special thing to give. I am humbled by such selflessness. His spirit and memories will live through you and your family now. But because of him, others will be able to make memories of their own. Jesse is hope, and love, and life.

- It's easy to make a buck. It's a lot tougher to make a difference. Jesse did both! He will be remembered for the life he lived, as well as the life he gave.

All my love to his family.

• Love Love x 9
  11. StanleyMilgram Con Receta Contributor

In physics there is a simple concept: matter cannot be created nor destroyed, we are that - matter.

All of our carbon components, they must go somewhere. We sprang from the stars, a rapid expansion of gas and fire and I have no doubt that if you check into the night sky and some of the reports you'll find that a new star was discovered the same night of your loss. We are star stuff, and I have no doubt that he shines brightly down.

Peace be with you.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    • Love Love x 11
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Zabreneva Active Member Member

Like many others, I didn't interact with him much, but I benefited from his knowledge and willingness to answer the same question over and over again. He was always one of the first to answer any question I had. The internet is an amazing thing, that can bring people into your life, even if for a brief moment that you never would have been able to encounter otherwise. I am deeply saddened for him, for his family and friends, for everyone he has helped and for everyone who will not be able to experience his generosity and humor. Violence is never the answer.

• Love Love x 3
  13. annasgyal MTG Elite Contributor

I am truly sorry for your loss. There are no words that can take away the pain that you guys feel. As a mother, a sibling, a friend, and a member of this community, It is truly my prayer that you have

• Love Love x 2
  14. spcbttlz Veteran Member Member

This is devastating to hear.
    Need help? He was always the first to answer, and even usually went farther than just a simple answer. I learned from him how to take mTurk and spin it into dollar bills, but I still didn't ever really know him. I wish I had.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

• Love Love x 5
  15. slothbear MTG Elite Contributor

I know @Jqkill@Jqkill will be missed here on the forum. He was always helping people out or joking around, and it already seems more empty without him.

My heart goes out to @74jrh3@74jrh3 and the rest of JQ's family.

• Love Love x 3
  16. Squawky Member Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm new here, but can easily tell that he was a great friend to all on this forum and I'm sad I didn't get to know him.

Peace be with you all.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Sunlite MTG Elite Contributor

Wow, just wow. I didn't know. So sorry for your loss. I looked forward to signing in everyday and seeing some of his comments and especially his suggestions. I was just getting to the point this week or next I would be able to donate some and feeling bad cause I was too broke to help before. Life is so unfair sometimes and it seems the good people are taken from us too soon. Rest in Peace, Jess, you are missed.

• Love Love x 2
  18. d00p New Member Member

Never posted here but always lurked. Saw his stuff every day and he was a cool dude. Very sorry for his family and friends loss.

• Love Love x 4
  19. Dim Professional Blasphemer Contributor

Just getting back to the forum after several days off. This news is heartbreaking news. My condolences to your family.
    Rest in peace @Jqkill@Jqkill, you've left a lot of love and goodness in this world.

• Love Love x 3
  20. Billnye817 MTG Elite Contributor

Jqkill started around the same time I did on here and I have learned a ton from him and he was always super helpful. His presence will be sorely missed here on the Forum and I am sure in his offline life as well.

I feel especially bad for his parents as no parent should have to bury their own child. My father died when I was 16 so my grandmother had to bury my father and it was just heartbreaking to see her go through that.

All the best to his family and friends. If anyone deeply affected by this needs help or counseling do not be afraid to seek it. Do not allow anyone to tell you how you are supposed to feel or to grieve. The process can vary wildly from one person to another. When my father died I wanted to internalize everything and it was the worst decision of my life. From doing so I became really wound up and ended up losing control. Had I been more open and transparent I am sure I would have come to terms with things in a much more efficient and healthy way.

• Love Love x 7