JQKill could use our support

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by StanleyMilgram, Jun 24, 2016.

1. StanleyMilgram Con Receta Contributor

Jesse Hill was attacked and beaten by a stranger in Truckee, California on the night of June 20th. He is in critical condition in the intensive care unit. and on life support.

The codemaster has given so much, see if we can't part with a little here and there.

The GoFundMe is here: https://www.gofundme.com/2b8ufrqk

Many of us survive on turk, but I know I'll happily eat a few junk surveys this week knowing where that cash goes without thinking twice for sure. We're a tight community, so I thank everyone who raises the flag of awareness or contributes.

Edit: Per his family, Jesse suffered a stroke on Saturday 2 Jul 2016 and we lost a great human being. RIP, Chief.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    • Love Love x 28
    • Like Like x 8
  2. jessers beer wench Contributor

edit:
    http://www.mturkgrind.com/posts/1029737/
    final update here for anyone finding this post for the first time.

(@TurkHardForYourMoney@TurkHardForYourMoney @Jagdpanzer@Jagdpanzer)

thanks for posting, stanley. i wasn't sure when we could (was waiting for the go-ahead from his bro).

everyone- donate to his gofundme. i did earlier and will again when i get more money cleared. he's been there for all of us, every time we needed him, and turned down every offer of donations because he said "the warm fuzzies he gets from helping is enough". he finally needs us - and we need him back.

missing our jq so much. i've been sick over it all week.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    • Love Love x 13
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Josh Bergen MTG Elite Contributor

This is awful. Jq is the most selfless person on here so it's a no-brainer to give what I can to help him and his family.
    Get well soon.

• Love Love x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Celtic Lady Spyder Ryder Contributor

I'm just in shock. I mean, he is such a caring selfless person. I can't even. I wish I could give more right now but I'm sure anything helps.

• Love Love x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Goose MTG Elite Contributor

This makes me so sad. Are there any updates?

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. StanleyMilgram Con Receta Contributor

As we have updates we'll post them and I'll update it on the daily poll/in this thread.

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 0.00 Member Member

Terrible.

I don't know the dude other than the banter I've read from him on here during my short stint as a member and he seemed to have a great sense of humor and willing to help anyone, anytime, who needed it. There should be more people like that in this world.

I made a donation and hope the dude has a speedy recovery. No person should ever have to go through that in their lives, regardless of the circumstances.

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. DebD Veteran Member Member

9. seventhaxis New Member Member

New here, found from a post over at MTC -- what a terrible thing to have to experience. Wish only the best for him and his family.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  10. 74jrh3 MTG Elite Contributor

Hi I'm his brother.
    Not much to update.
    He's in critical condition and ostensibly unresponsive, although the staff at the hospital says that his heart and brain activity go up whenever we're visiting, that is a positive sign but in no way is he out of the woods. He's hurt really bad, and now it's all a very difficult wait while his brain heals. We're all terrified and devastated. He's a really amazing person, certainly the better of the two of us (my opinion), and it is very touching to see the astonishing outpouring of concern and affection he's receiving. He's so damned modest that it would totally embarrass him.
    I will post any updates here on this thread.
    Thank you all so much.

• Love Love x 38
    • Like Like x 3
  11. NathanPS MTG Elite Contributor

Hi,

Sorry I only just saw this.

I'll make a personal donation shortly.

Also any donations that are received the rest of this month and all of July for MTG will go to this fund, if you haven't already got donation status on MTG, feel free to donate to the gofundme page directly with a kind message and also your MTG username and then send me a PM and I will update your account here. Any other donations direct to the forum will work as usual, but every donation will go towards this fund which I will contribute as they come in (as some members and new members may not be aware of this cause)

@74jrh3@74jrh3 im so sorry to hear this, this is horrible and I couldn't imagine why someone would do this to such a nice guy.

I've also made this a sticky.

Edit: this offer also applies to anyone who has already donated, please feel free to send me a PM with some sort of proof of the donation and I will upgrade your account ASAP.

Second edit: so far 10 people have taken up this offer, thank you all so much! :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    • Love Love x 24
    • Like Like x 9
  12. ScottB MTG Elite Contributor

Holy shit I somehow missed all this the past couple days. Talk about a heartbreaker.

@jessers25@jessers25 - I couldn't have said it better myself. JQ is someone who has put money directly in my pocket and many others' with his scripts and tips, not to mention his good attitude and humor. The least we can do is toss a few dollars his way when he needs us.

Why the hell do the worst things always have to happen to the best people?

• Love Love x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  13. jayjay MTG Elite Contributor

This is absolutely horrible. He definitely did not deserve this.
    Bryan....what a piece of shit to take it this far. a fight is a fight.
    you don't need to severely injure someone like that..

Jqkill always was extremely helpful to everyone.
    Even though I never personally talked to him much (via messages or whatever), he was always one of my favorite turkers here.
    With that said, I'm going to be donating. We reached $2000 in one day.
    10k should be attainable.
    I hope he gets well real, real soon.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    • Love Love x 8
  14. NEETbro He has ELECTRIC, SPARKLING POWER! Contributor

Holy shit, how did i miss this? Hope he gets better soon.

• Love Love x 3
  15. Alessa MTG Elite Contributor

I missed this news as well until a little while ago.
    I am so so saddened to hear this, and just can't find the words.
    I've learned so much from him. He is always very generous to share information that helps everyone.
    I'm making a donation and wish him and his family strength as they go through this, and hope he gets better soon.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    • Love Love x 3
  16. BigmanJ Established Member Member

Absolutely sick to my stomach. The internet is pretty amazing place. Where people from all over can connect and be friends. Some find that silly. I don't. He always helped me. Even if the questions were pretty obviously stupid. He didn't mind. I'm pretty tired of this world. I'm tired of the bad winning over the good. I did what I could to help. Come back soon brother! We miss you.

• Love Love x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 74jrh3 MTG Elite Contributor

Very generous, @NathanPS@NathanPS thank you very much.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Blue_Charrua Member Member

Every time I've asked a stupid n00b question, he's been one of the first ones to respond without any snark and been truly helpful. I'm donating now. This is tragic stuff and I hope he gets better soon.

• Love Love x 2
  19. Sunlite MTG Elite Contributor

I just saw this, too and am so sorry. He has been so helpful and selfless for even me, being a long time Turker and still a noob in so many ways, especially scripts and how they work, etc.
    I will help as soon as I can. I wish him as speedy a recovery as he can get. And to his family, please don't let them take him off life support- he is smart and he can heal himself, he just needs time.

20. NathanPS MTG Elite Contributor

Our goal is currently at $40:

http://imgur.com/EMiglfP

Thanks to Anne (rater9) and TurksMcGotes for these donations!

• Love Love x 3