Forum refresh gets stuck

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Clady, Feb 8, 2016.

1. NathanPS MTG Elite Contributor

Good stuff! I've made a couple very minor tweaks to the server again but they won't do too much.

Hopefully these will fix your issues and everyone else's. Again, I've been using chrome all afternoon and evening and it's been fine for me, so maybe it is the scripts :)

2. Celtic Lady Spyder Ryder Contributor

I've run into a little snag. After adding the exclude line to the scripts it doesn't load them on www.mturkgrind.com but it will load them on any subpage. ie. http://www.mturkgrind.com/threads/new-feature-hidden-content.29297/

I copied and pasted it from Yuk's post to make sure I didn't make a typo and made sure it does have the * at the end.
    Since I've only noticed it on the daily thread, any idea how to make it specifically not load the scripts there without having to change it manually each day to the full url?

3. NathanPS MTG Elite Contributor

Having the * should exclude the whole forum, you could try maybe doing:

http://www.mturkgrind.com/threads/* because each thread will always have /threads/ after it, however if it didn't work without the /threads there I don't see that working. Maybe @Yuk@Yuk can add some input with a better suggestion :)

If that does work, it will disable the scripts on each thread, and no where else on the forum.

4. Celtic Lady Spyder Ryder Contributor

Tried adding in /threads and that didn't work. I did notice that all the ones that are loading here are ones that another forum member recently posted and one that I did last night. So, I don't think that they are causing it as they were added after I started having the problem. None of them have anything listed for the @include line so I guess that's one of my next steps in trying to figure out scripts myself.

5. NathanPS MTG Elite Contributor

Well have a play around and see if it makes any difference with them and the cache emptied.

If not, I know it's a pain, but could you try a different browser, possibly safari, I'm thinking if it still happens in other browsers it could be something to do with your computer but if not then it's something to do with chrome and the server files which will make it easier for me to pinpoint, but right now, it could be anything and it's hard to figure it out straight away.

6. Yuk Contributor

@Clady@Clady I figured out what was wrong. When you're in any thread you also "load content" from facebook and twitter so those queries triggered the script. So you need to exclude all 3 in your script to prevent it from running anywhere on mtg.

Code:
    // @exclude  *mturkgrind.com/*
    // @exclude  *twitter.com/*
    // @exclude  *facebook.com/* 

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  7. Celtic Lady Spyder Ryder Contributor

Thank you so much @Yuk@Yuk for figuring that out. It's working great now.

I have a couple questions on writing scripts for batches. Are you knowledgeable about that? And if so, may I PM you with a couple questions?

8. Yuk Contributor

I would be classified as a novice with scripting but you are more than welcome to PM me and I'll try my best to help you out (and probably learn something myself in the process)

• Like Like x 1
  9. NathanPS MTG Elite Contributor

Is it safe to say the loading issue has been fixed for you and was related to your scripts? The server logs are showing improved loading times with an average of 2 seconds.

@Doom Kitten@Doom Kitten how about your issue with it loading slow on Firefox? The logs are also showing a slight improvement on the Firefox loading times, however it is still the slowest loading browser, I haven't browsed the forum with Firefox yet, but if you're continuing to have an issue I will do so, let me know :)

Thanks guys and gals.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Celtic Lady Spyder Ryder Contributor

I'm going to give a cautious "yes" that it's fixed. Hasn't happened again for me. I'll drop another post here if it resurfaces. (could have been either scripts or the cache since I did clear that too.)

11. NathanPS MTG Elite Contributor

Okay awesome!

@BenStone@BenStone, @lemondrop@lemondrop and @laby@laby could you guys read through the posts above and see if this affects you also? If so, follow the steps and see if it fixes your issues aswell. It seems to have possibly worked for Celtic, so hopefully you guys are just having the same issue :)

Thanks!

12. tshirtshoodies89 New Member Member

thanks post & Like post very...