Clickworker question need HELP.

Discussion in 'Other Crowdsourcing Platforms' started by mallan627, Sep 24, 2016.

1. mallan627 Veteran Member Member

Hey guys is anyone else having trouble with the Google search term tasks on this site? I keep trying to save mine after I'm done and it keeps saying I've entered invalid data. I'm not sure if I'm entering something wrong or maybe I'm misunderstanding the instructions.

Okay, it'll tell me to search for something, enter the URL of the Google search, then ask me what page a specific site is on (let's www.example.com) and I'll put in the page number and then it says

"Enter the URL of the page that you were asked to search for on the google.com company website: (e.g. "about us" or "FAQ")"

So.. I'm supposed to enter www.example.com or something else? This part kind of confuses me.

I know I'm also supposed to stay on the webpage for a full minute, and I did that, but again, everytime I try to save it keeps saying, "The URL is not allowed! The Code is not allowed."

I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing anymore.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

2. Autonomadic MTG Elite Contributor

I had the same problem, I did notice that the example is different it says (about us or FAQ) instead of an URL like the example in the first question, BUT the last question also explicitly ask you for a URL, then when you give one.... it says don't use URL's! It makes no sense... I don't know why they call the search "the google.com company website". Google.com is the world's most popular search engine, it's not a mere "company website". If I were you i'd just stick with UHRS, it's better paying anyway.

3. mallan627 Veteran Member Member

UHRS? Don't think I'm registered with that part... Is this another site you have to go for that?

What I hate about Clickworker is there doesn't seem to be much work there, period. And plus they gave me a failing grade on my English test because I made a few minor errors (some actually weren't errors, but they counted them as) and they won't let me re-take the damn thing. (sigh)

4. Autonomadic MTG Elite Contributor

Here's a decent guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorkOnline/comments/2atr2k/clickworker_uhrs_guide_how_to_get_started_and/

UHRS post work they call "hit apps" and its mostly search engine evaluation and content filtering. It's what everyone is talking about on the other clickworker thread. You need a qualification to access it through clickworker. Basically you do work on the UHRS website, they send it to clickworker and then your paid. The Pros are the work usually pays better than m-turk. The cons are it's not as consistent and it takes 3 weeks before you can receive payment.

5. mallan627 Veteran Member Member

Ahh.. neat! Thanks for the info! :)

6. Autonomadic MTG Elite Contributor

I just noticed you said you took the english test, unfortunately that's one of the necessary qualifications for uhrs.. BUT I think there is another site that is just like UHRS its called Appen. you should look into this if your interested in UHRS. I would almost adbondon clickworker, its not very good without UHRS IMO.

7. Autonomadic MTG Elite Contributor

yeah I'm pretty sure Appen works just like Clickworker by connecting to the UHRS portal.

8. mallan627 Veteran Member Member

Yeah.. and I know you'll hate hearing about it, but I'm still REALLY bitter about that. I did a movie review for my thing, had it all perfect and they said it was too long, so, in the course of cutting it down, I spliced two sentences together without check it closely and it didn't make sense. Plus they dinged me on capitalizing the term Earth's Mightiest Heroes,which is the name of the damn team! Yeah, they don't actually call them that in the movie, but still.. that'd be like dinging me for capitalizing Man of Steel when referring to Superman.

Sorry, I'm ranting..

Anyway, I'll check out Appen! Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  9. huihitatina888 New Member Member