About StanleyMilgram

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NathanPS, Sep 13, 2016.

1. ristiekay Some sort of seal cat Contributor

I love reading all of these postd about his offers of generosity and I feel bad that I was in a place in my life that I was so broke that I actually took him up on his offer of assistance. I laughed at the name of where the PayPal funds came from, it was listed as "Tom's Secret Squirrel Account".
    I'm missing him!

2. Billnye817 MTG Elite Contributor

Been out of the fold here for a while and was shocked when I opened the thread and read the contents.

I was never as deeply involved with him as some of the others but he was always kind and helpful in his own special way. Reading the stories of his amazing generosity is really touching as I have been around this forum for about a year and have never heard of any of them. Really shows a man's character when he does great things for the right reasons.

All the best to his family and friends. Sad with as much as he was there for us we couldn't have been there likewise. Hopefully we don't have another one of these threads on this forum. Just crazy to see two amazing young people leave us in a few months.

3. Doom Kitten Veteran Member Member

I'm just finding out about this now. Tom did so many great things in this world. He served in the military, He did doctors without borders and he opened his own health clinic. He did so much good work in such a short lifetime. My heart goes out to his friends and family. He was an amazing person and he will be missed by so many.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tadaah! Veteran Member Member

I am in a tiny bit of shock. I knew there was something going on but I didn't really know Tom well, so thought I was just reading things wrong. He made many people smile and impacted their lives in a positive way. After reading some of the posts here, he did so even more than I ever imagined. I feel like I should have tried to reach out more. I noticed in August he wasn't around much and asked about it but shortly after he was back on and posting so I thought all was well. Then I found this after being away for a bit and coming back and searching again , and my heart is a little broken. I am sorry he was hurting, and sorry for his family's loss. I may not have known him as well as others ,but I will remember him and hope that fond memories help bring comfort to those that loved him.

• Like Like x 2
  5. annasgyal MTG Elite Contributor

I am literally in tears! As I read this, I cannot help but to think of kind spirit. My heart breaks for his family during this difficult time.

6. calicer1996 Established Member Member

I am finding this now. What a shock to the senses. I haven't known him as good as the veterans here...but I would take my time to read his posts because there was a lot you could miss if you didn't read between the lines. I remember when he made like a grand in a day on mturk and everyone including me was so jealous!! And now this... Life's too short.

• Like Like x 1
  7. teruterubozu Veteran Member Member

8. cara I want to go back to being weird! Contributor

wow, that really sucks. i am super late seeing this. i didn't know MTG still existed til someone linked to a post.

tom and i used to skype all the time while we turked. he was so friendly and helpful to everyone.