About StanleyMilgram

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NathanPS, Sep 13, 2016.

1. lightningchad Slackerus Extremus Contributor

I'm freaking speechless..

He will be truly missed.

• Love Love x 2
  2. ThanksMTG New Member Member

I wanted to create an account on here to thank you all. Although I don't know the first thing about "turking" I do know that my son was a part of this community and knowing such a great group of people were in his life makes me smile. Likely this is my only posting here, but I'd be remiss if I didn't say "Thanks."

With your permission(s) I'd like to save some of these quotes and credit your 'username' on a memory board at his wake back in the US. For those of you with children I hope you'll remember that we hold our children's hands but for a short while; though their hearts, forever.

-Mike

• Love Love x 37
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Mari Well-Known Member Member

I'm very heartbroken by this news.:Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry: Tom is someone I will never ever forget. He was an incredible person who had everything in the world to offer, he will always have a place in my heart:ba:

4. mypaperheart Professional PI Searcher Contributor

You're very welcome! I love the idea of putting the quotes on a memory board. Maybe you could send @NathanPS@NathanPS a picture if you decide to do it? I know we'd all be very touched. Again, I just wanted to express my heartfelt condolences. I'm so saddened by this loss and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if there's anything tangible we can do for you.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. THFYM The Shitposter Formerly Known As MotM Contributor

When funeral arrangements are finalized, would you be willing to share them with the community? I'm from the northeast and, schedule permitting, would like to pay my respects in person.

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Dillydally Dalmatian Hoarder Contributor

So shocking and sad. Tom will be greatly missed. He was such a great person.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. momster23 MTG Elite Contributor

My deepest condolences go out to Tom's (Stanley) family, friends and grind board buddies. I am so sorry for this great loss. Since I haven't been on very much the last couple of months, I thought Tom found a wonderful woman who was taking up his time and that he would soon post about her. (((((Big hugs to all))). I thought I was going to read Tom was banned, but not gone. My heart is very heavy. I liked calling Tom, Stanley because I have a brother named Stanley. I will post more later, my eyes are hurting from crying.

• Love Love x 2
  8. MirrorMan Well-Known Member Member

Just saw this, and have to say I am shocked and saddened. Tom was such a great person and always willing to help, be it with a funny post or an encouraging bit of advice to help people along in this journey. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. ceedj Are there any wires loose? Contributor

I had sent him a few PM's from time to time when he hadn't posted in a while, and he had appreciated me checking in on him. Very very sorry for your loss. :(

• Love Love x 1
  10. Alina Veteran Member Member

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  11. DebD Veteran Member Member

My heart aches for him and his family. As someone who has experienced the suicide of someone close to me, I understand what they will face. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ChristopherASA MTG Elite Contributor

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. yay!magnolias! Member Member

Wow. It's been a moment since I've been on here and to find this news is so shocking. He will truly, truly be missed. His posts always made me laugh and was one of the reasons I enjoyed this community so much. His help was invaluable. His spirit touched past our computer screens.

• Love Love x 2
  14. BigmanJ Established Member Member

I just... I dont know. I miss you buddy. It makes it all the more heartbreaking to click on this forum page and below this, is Tom announcing jq got hurt and then jq passes. God, this world isnt fair.

To his father. (He never called you a step father, just dad) Your son was an amazing, amazing human being. The son reflects the father. and your legacy and toms legacy is intact. My dog had emergency surgery. 4 figure bill. Tom offered to not loan me the money, give me the money, no questions asked. just as long as I wasnt upset anymore. Cause I dont really have any friends in real life. Due to my illness, Tom knew that. I didnt take his money. I found a way to pay for it. Your son was one of a kind. one of a kind. This world doesnt have many more like him anymore and I'm very sorry he was in so much pain. It's tearing me apart that I couldnt help him. But that's the true defination of a hero. They put others before themselves. Your son was a hero to alot of people. And we all forever have a protector now.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    • Love Love x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  15. hBoBh Let me stab your kittens Contributor

I, just, wow.
    I've often been told that people who work in the medical field (human and animal) have the highest suicide rates of any other profession but I never thought I'd hear the day that stat came true. I'll miss the sharing of crazy patient stories we had, of his offers to let me stay w/ him and drink margaritas on the beach (I want to say I once offered to trade him my masters), of "contests" to who had the oddest injury walk through their door that day. He was always so helpful and funny. Never let the nay sayers bug him either.
    I wish the best to your family in this time of healing. Know that there were many many people, from all over the world, who cared for him.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. serenegirl New Member Member

I am so sorry he is gone. I only know him from posts this summer, but from those alone I know he was generous, kind, and open-hearted. And funny, too. He was one of the reasons I chose to follow this forum rather than one of the others. He helped make this a good place.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sunlite MTG Elite Contributor

Oh wow- just found out- very sad news. He was one of the good guys- always helping, making jokes and saying encouraging things. I never saw a hint he was hurting- I remember him asking if somebody wanted to come live in Mexico- maybe that was a call for help. I am so sorry and send his family love in this sad time.

18. SmokinJayCutler Member Member

I only knew Tom from his posts on the forum, but from that alone I think we all saw the sort of kind and generous person he really was. He brought so much humor to this place and he was always going above and beyond to really help people (To crazy lengths, as evidenced by the stories posted above). I didn't know Tom, but it's so immediately clear that the world lost someone very special and beautiful. This planet would be a much cooler place if there were more dudes like him. I'm a wreck today thinking about that.

My condolences go out to all his family and friends.

• Love Love x 1
  19. Xile Island, Go. Contributor

Spent most of September working with my dad on fixing up our old house, and I only just found out. Caught me completely off guard, Tom always seemed in such a good mood, always had something amusing to say. I did not really know what to say when JQ passed, and I find I am equally at a loss here. He was a good guy, even as limited as my interactions with him may have been, that was all to apparent. My condolences go out to his family and friends, I wish you all the best in the coming days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  20. blmpclrk MTG Elite Contributor

I was actually taking him up on that offer. We were sending PMs and we voice Skyped for over an hour a while back about it. I was planning on going mid-September or late September.

He was very communicative about the whole thing but then seem to disappear. He popped in a couple of times and left some random comments in the daily thread but did not reply to my PM anymore.

As others have already said, I had no clue that there may be something wrong. Especially to this extent of wrong. Very sad news, indeed.

• Like Like x 2