A new MTG owner. Nice to meet you guys ;)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Daniel Partner, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Daniel Partner MTG Owner

Hello everyone,

I'm Daniel - a new MTG owner,
    IT companies group founder / ceo in real life and a proud father of little son ;)
    Nice to meet you guys!

I know that MTG is experiencing serious problems in past and often changed owners.

A good news is, that MTG was sold to me a few days ago and i do not plan to resell it to anyone else!
    It's a legendary turkers forum and I'll try to do my best to make MTG great again!
    ( if MTG communiti will help me a little )

2 Days ago MTG was relocated to a new dedicated server. All bugs fixed!
    Current MTG server is fast like a lightning and can hold more than 10000 online users at the same time.
    Check this out: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/161227_43_26KP/

What do you think, any chance that MTG will rise again?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. senocak MTG Elite Contributor

I am sorry to break the news for you buddy but I was here (when no one was) and spent a great amount of effort to make MTG great again here and there. If I could not make it great again, I do not think it will rise again. But, good luck to you. I am just a polar bear who is not even turking, so you can ignore me easily. (I hope you did not pay a lot for it) Best wishes

• Like Like x 1
  3. Daniel Partner MTG Owner

Tnx for your opinion!
    I did not payed a lot ;)

I have a good intentions and professional IT-crew to support MTG server anyway, so anyone who will return are welcome

And "Yes" im talking to all of you, who reading that post right now ))

4. hypoxia MTG Elite Contributor

Hi, do you mind if I ask why you're interested in an mturk forum? Do you turk?

Also, I couldn't help but notice that an old alt account belonging to the original owner of this forum has been renamed and now has the "Owner" badge. Why?

• Like Like x 3
  5. thatfireguy Turks for car parts Contributor

Unfortunately I believe most users have already migrated elsewhere and have found better options. I believe you acquired the site a bit too late and it will be hard (if even possible) to recover from the damage previously done. I am however interested in what you wish to do to "make MTG great again." What does the future have in store for MTG and what specifically will YOU do going forwards from here on out?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Daniel Partner MTG Owner

Stay Tuned.. i will explain all about MTG ownership ( a lot of text )

7. Daniel Partner MTG Owner

A long story, but i'll try to explain

First of all, thanks to @ChrisTurk@ChrisTurk ( private dialog helped me alot )

And then i apologize for my English. I'm Israeli ( Jerusalem, Israel ), now located at Moscow ( making business here )
    ( personal bonus for me from MTG ownership is an english practice )

So let's our story begin:

No. I'm not a turk.

Like i said before. In real life i own about 10 IT-companies ( 150 employees )
    I'm definetely not a turker, but i'm a professional projects holder
    That means that we have a lot of resources from Saas and Ecommerce till freelance-platforms

I'm not a turk, but i definitely understand that is mechanical turk is.
    Biggest crowdsourcing Amazon platform

Why i made a decision to buy MTG?
    A few reasons:

1: To be 100% honest? That "dead" forum is a personal challenge for me.

2: We will launch a big project to Europe and US market next year, so i need to make some marketing and strategic research
    My research goal is to rise a big community platform that will grow up virally

I'm not buying sites for simple moneymaking. I have enough money and resources ))
    MTG still have a nice daily traffic ( 700 unique hosts )

That's the reason that i think is that forum can return to be alive one day

What is the result? For MTG users it will be a win-win strategy!

I will do my research. And MTG community will have a fast and stable platform to chat / make fun / etc :bq:

Just imagine:
    No more server shutdowns
    No more 404 / 500 / etc
    No more "Help... i did not received an password email"
    And no more " Sorry! I have no money to afford MTG"

You making fun / generating content or chat flood ( as you have always done )
    And we are fully support it for our research needs

At Mturk you helping other companies to make a researches when they request
    Here we will do the same silently

I have no reason to prevent or disturb Mturk community. Let's make a win-win party))

By the way,
    if to achieve the goal will be necessary to merge other platforms together ( MTG / TH / etc ) we will glad to do that

let's combine efforts and "Crowdsourcing" forum platforms ;)

We pay and support and you are enjoying = that simple

8. Daniel Partner MTG Owner

Yes. you are absolutely right
    I don't know, who that jerk that killed that forum by placing it at 5$ hosting, but i truly believe, that 12500 users forum base can back alive, if we will send some "welcome back e-mails" and will explain to MTG community, that MTG really back online.

I hope we can. But still... we need community support

In future we have some marketing strategies that will help us to reach the research goal and make that platform grow virally

9. senocak MTG Elite Contributor

We do not need to imagine, that is already what we have. People (not me) were always having it (the things you described) on MTC, but MTG were somehow a small group of people who were interested in daily talks more instead of daily HITs. But TH is somehow managing both (talks and HITs) in a very beautiful way (maybe as used to be in here) that you should do (or claim) more to interest people to come back at here.

That is the problem for you, we have been already welcomed and not just by someone but by someone we already know/like/love/who contributed in us/MTG/Mturk society already for some known time.

I am not against you or MTG. As I said even before you showed up, I hope MTG will be great again, but as an owner you need to do more offering as a dead forum owner instead of like me saying "let's make MTG great again".

• Like Like x 2
  10. Daniel Partner MTG Owner

We offer a simple deal:

We can help with support / servers / marketing / advertising etc ..

And we'll do it even if noone will come back. I will start from zero.

But if MTG community will support our collaboration plan, we will talk about bigger Mturk community platform that will have about 25 - 50 000 users

I understand that most of forum users currently migrated, cuz of idiot managed MTG at past

Now i have to understand what we can do about.
    We have a "dead" forum that generating 700 daily users in "dead-style". ( TH generating 1000-1200 / daily fully alive )

It's a marketing / strategic task for me.. Understand ? ;)
    Buy a "dead" product for reactivate it

That's why i came and discuss with forum users.. May Be anyone have an interesting ideas

11. senocak MTG Elite Contributor

• Like Like x 1
  12. sassyass New Member Member

It might be helpful to not alienate members who helped build the community in the first place.

• Like Like x 3
  13. sassyass New Member Member

Just to give you a little insight. There's several mturk forums and groups.

turkerhub.com
    mturkcrowd.com
    turkernation.com
    mturkforum.com
    Along with a massive facebook group.

Each community has their own style and pace. People tend to flock to whichever one suites them best. Mturk workers who use forums and participate in them are a very small subset of the workers. Not to step on anyone's toes, but I don't see many of the forum owners from any of those forums willing to collaborate under someone they do not know under the guise of "we'll pay for everything". All of the communities are pretty self sustaining with contributions from members who care about where they spend their time and who they're interacting with. The mturk forum community is fairly tight-knit as a whole. We all peacefully co-exist and support each other. The members are interested in making money on mturk, not building a forum for someone else.

• Like Like x 4
  14. senocak MTG Elite Contributor

@Tripsa@Tripsa , I thought you missed me :(

• Love Love x 1
  15. Daniel Partner MTG Owner

A huge thanks.

Now i think that i need to explain that i'm not talking about money or not only about money.

And i definetely not asking to build a forum for us ) truly . We can afford a lot of forums and projects. and we have more then 100 000 daily users at our resources.

Here i'm talking about building bigger community

And my question is: mturk workers need a bigger community platform?

Or actually all having fun at forums that contains around 500 people?

16. Tripsa Live webcam from MTG's host Moderator

I missed the whole I'm leaving quest line to become something awesome and simply thought you used a gender changer item to become a girl polar bear:sorry:. Come home.

• Like Like x 2
  17. senocak MTG Elite Contributor

:amen:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tripsa Live webcam from MTG's host Moderator

I think it's mostly a trust issue as of now. With the site getting passed around frequently and lack of communication about what's going on behind the scenes. People have lost interest in putting any effort into a site that may not be here tomorrow. Why should they trust anybody that takes over MTG, when there are greener pastures to be found within the mturk community.

@Daniel Partner@Daniel Partner What assurances does the user base have, that this site won't be shutdown tomorrow, next week, next month, next year etc etc.... Or replaced with a blog or other site layout used for SEO if the the mturk community fails to return to MTG?

Is this just a pet project for you to see what other marketing gimmicks you can try?

Putting ads on MTG is a sure fire way to get people to stop coming here when other turk sites use a donation system to keep the server running.

This is why most think that a turker forum should be owned and maintained by an active turker and not a person who doesn't have any real experience with Mturk.

It would be awesome to have MTG active and alive again, but neglect and not introducing new features for the forum for the past years may have caused irreversible damage to the site and it's user base.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Daniel Partner MTG Owner

I Agree and hope the damage is not irreversible

---

Technically, no matter who own the forum, if forum owner does not prevents to communicate between community leaders and other users

Forum owner must to keep the project at stable condition and support new features development. Technically - thats it

All communications must be done by turkers, moredators and community leaders at fact. Thats my vision

For me especially its not a "pet-project" for putting simple ads here .. What will i receive? 20$ / mo:bj:

Marketing gimmicks is to try to bring all community back to MTG and that will be a great goal for me )

But still.. No one can make it alone

That's pretty simple.

When forum owner have no money to buy a beer there you'll get a problem
    Owner will start search a better way to sell or monetize project, put hard ads etc
    If he will not find way to earn money, he will miss a server payment, will relocate project at 5$ hosting etc

If the forum owner need no money - you will have no trouble
    We have enough ;)

20. Sunlite MTG Elite Contributor

Hey Daniel. Welcome. While most of us have a new home at other forums, I wish you luck with this. There are new people joining mTurk everyday, from all over the world. Maybe you can give them a new home and build a great forum. I still come for the games and will contribute what I can to any discussions.
    In answer to your question, I think the smaller forums are better because if you get too many people like you are talking, a super forum, you lose the personal touch. But, that's just my opinion.

• Like Like x 3